We are looking for an experienced and reliable Journeyman Electrician. The candidate will join our team to install, repair, and maintain a variety of electrical systems, including electrical panels, lighting, motor controls, and conveyor systems. Staff are familiar with installing power supply wiring and troubleshooting both commercial and residential types of electrical components. Our ideal candidate is comfortable with new construction / remodel work, and has at least five years of professional experience, a current electrician’s license (as applicable), and a flexible schedule.
Journeyman Electrician Duties and Responsibilities
· Respond to service calls quickly and within the expected timeframe
· Discuss the customer’s request for repairs or installation and provide estimates for cost and timeline
· Follow specifications on blueprints or technical drawings for installations
· Perform routine maintenance on various systems as requested
· Conduct all repairs and installations according to code
· Notify client immediately if the plan needs to be adjusted due to unforeseen circumstances
Journeyman Electrician Requirements and Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Current journeyman electrician license (as applicable)
· 5+ years of experience as an electrician; experience in both commercial and residential work a plus
· Able to read blueprints, technical drawings, and diagrams and follow specifications
· Solid working knowledge of commercial and residential electrical systems
· Valid driver’s license
· Must have your own set of tools and safety gear
· Must pass a background check and drug screening
· Able to work independently
· Excellent customer service skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to bend; stoop; squat; stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 65 pounds, occasionally heavier lifting is required. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We offer paid vacation, sick leave, training and educational opportunities, and take home van.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org